Thomson Reuters World-Check is seeking a Research Analyst to join our team. We are looking for a candidate who possesses a specialist academic and/or professional background in combating human/cultural/environmental trafficking, or political violence and terrorism or organized crime and who has an outstanding aptitude for thinking and writing analytically to a very high standard.
The candidate should be able to work independently and effectively under stress and be comfortable with working in an online environment. The ability to convey careful analytical judgment and complex information in a concise, impartial and accessible manner to clients is essential. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to work on a diverse and intellectually dynamic team of open source intelligence analysts in order to further develop World-Check’s strategic global security coverage, and make a difference in the world to help combat trafficking.
- Maintaining a high level of regional and portfolio country expertise through reading, research, and attendance at relevant seminars.
- Conducting in-depth research on specific regional security issues.
- Analyzing a wide range of data sources and producing daily structured reports and updates.
- Maintaining research data currency on breaking regional developments and long-term threats.
- Close familiarity with and detailed understanding of current affairs and security risk issues relating to illicit trafficking, political violence and terrorism and/or organized crime
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and impartially to tight deadlines.
- Must possess excellent research (online), analytical and written skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and working on an online environment.
- International experience and languages
- Digital and data storytelling skills (e.g., storyboarding, video production, etc)
- Passionate about the relevant issues
Prefer graduate level or a Bachelor degree in international relations, political science, sociology, security studies, or other social science fields. Outstanding recent graduates in other fields or those with relevant life experience will be considered.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.