Publishing / Editorial Family Group
7/27/2017 5:00:46 PM
Date Posted: July 25, 2017
Department: Product Content Operations
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road - Scarborough
To edit material to add value (analyze and mark up, copy-edit, proof, author review) for all major strategic market groups.
Your duties will include:
- copy-editing material to ensure it meets corporate standards for accuracy and style (checking spelling, grammar, coherence; imposing consistent style; resolving research “fall-out”, inputting changes to electronic files);
- analyzing and marking-up material to prepare for output (cleaning-up tagging as required; marking-up for product extraction and output processing);
- proofreading material to verify copy-editing and other mark-up has been processed (chunk-checking for completeness of data; verifying changes made to electronic files and accurate formatting); and
- submitting proofs where necessary for author review (communicating any manuscript queries to author for reply; providing author time and standards to review proofs; inputting final corrections).
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a university degree or equivalent work experience;
- strong editorial skills - excellent spelling and grammar;
- a keen eye for detail;
- knowledge of editorial methodology and corporate standards;
- the ability to deal with conflicting priorities; and
- PC skills - Word, SGML, Author/Editor.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CAN-Toronto-2075 Kennedy Rd