YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The Thomson Reuters Datafeed Product Consultant’s primary role is to understand our prospective clients’ quantitative or quant-a-mental requirements from data to workflow needs and determine, articulate, construct, and demonstrate the best solution set for the customer. The role features pre-sales support through to initial customer implementation period for a wide suite of bulk data solutions. A Datafeed Product Consultant understands the problems facing financial analysts today and has the strong communication skills to convey the benefits, insights, coverage, functionality and usability of our content and platform solutions.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Our group is building a team of individuals to meet demand and aggressively grow its analytical solutions for asset management firms and hedge funds across the globe.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Provide complex product demonstrations of our suite of data and software product offerings through onsite prospective client visits and web meetings
- Provide advanced technical support for database administrators and end users who need to understand content usage, access, licensing, and each product’s extraction language.
- Demonstrate project management skills by managing outstanding inquiries to ensure each client's business requirements are fulfilled in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Understand data content sets across asset classes and vendor sources to illustrate thorough product knowledge and support and recognize up-sell opportunities.
- Become a Datastream product and content expert.
- Execute end-to-end account creation process, build custom bulk data retrieval files for Datastream Data Loader (DDL), and build light analytical scripts in response to clients’ requests.
- Extract data via Datastream Web Service (DSWS) and Dataworks Enterprise (DWE) APIs, understand their linkage from other applications, and use and monitor customer usage log files.
- Act as an escalation point for and take ownership of critical issues affecting prospective and new clients. For existing customers, the Datafeed Product Consultant is a third level escalation point for complex cases.
- Advocate for product features and functionality enhancements by raising requests with management and development staff
- Assist with technical writers on client-facing product documentation
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Bachelor's degree; Finance or Computer Applications preferred
- Strong analytics background and 1-3 years industry experience
- Strong industry acumen, including understanding of different financial markets and instrument types, including equities, bond indices, fixed income and indexes.
- Familiarity with relational databases and related scripting or extraction languages. Beginner XML and SQL preferred.
- Preferred familiarity with Thomson Reuters content and platform solutions, including Datastream, Thomson Reuters Knowledge Direct FTP, I/B/E/S Estimates, Worldscope Fundamentals, Ownership, Insider and/or StreetEvents. -
- Customer facing and/or experience working in a sales environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including ability to communicate across a wide range of audience profiles
- Experience in analyzing prospect requirements, anticipating questions, trouble-shooting during meetings, and adapting to any work environment
- Ability to work independently, take complete ownership of a project to resolution, and establish effective relationships
- Demonstrate a curious mind-set, a drive to succeed, and a high level of motivation
- Skilled in concisely communicating technical information
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.