Thomson Reuters is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and goal driven Data Migration Manager with demonstrated experience in the management and execution of a wide range migrations from Mainframe and legacy relational database systems. This role will be responsible for developing the data migration strategy, defining the data conversion architecture, data migration testing and quality assurance and all other aspects of the data conversion life cycle. The candidate will need to manage the day to day activities of both onshore and offshore resources and work collaboratively with development teams, subject matter experts, database administrators, architects, quality assurance teams and customers.
- Prepare and document data migration requirements to facilitate development, testing, and execution.
- Support the data conversion team in data analysis of legacy system data to and provide timely results to internal/external teams to help accelerate legacy data corrections and/or formalization of business rules for effective data migration.
- Participate in discussions with subject matter experts and technical leads to understand the requirements and define the conversion methodology for each migration
- Maintain database conversion standards and perform data conversion script reviews to ensure quality.
- Support the conversion team in the design and implementation of conversion artifacts unit testing to ensure smooth transition to System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Continue to refine and enhance data migration strategy to ensure maximum operating efficiency and minimize migration timelines.
- Mentor data conversion leads and data analysts in enhancing their skills.
- 7 years of experience in performing large scale data migration of mainframe and relational data, including identifying and analyzing source data, transforming source data into the required format, loading the transformed data into the target system and validating all source data is tracked and transformed.
- 5 years of experience with ETL and other tools used for large-scale data conversions.
- 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Oracle 11g / 12c and MS SQL Server 20xx experience is a must.
- Sound understanding of data reconciliation processes and methods for ensuring high quality converted data for a smooth transition from the legacy to the newly instituted system
- Significant experience demonstrated proficiency in various aspects of database programming and/or related technologies that encapsulate SQL, including Triggers, Procedures, Functions and Packages.
- Demonstrable experience in query / ETL optimization, debugging, and performance tuning for improving the end-to-end timing / performance for data migrations.
- Excellent communication (oral / written) skills and the ability to interact with multiple teams and customers in a diverse setting encompassing both technical and non-technical users.
- Must be willing to work independently and/or as part of a team in an energetic, team-oriented environment managing systems of varying size/complexity with a fast turn-around time.
- Ability to apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the data migration/support processes and to be able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must be willing to travel to custom locations both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Media-Pennsylvania-United States of America