Scope and Impact
- Financial responsibility (Revenue, gross sales, and direct costs).
- Manages a team Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall revenue generation.
- Provides operational leadership to a regional sales team to deliver sales growth for all customer segments (Financial Institutions, Professionals, Academia, Governments and Corporates).
- Develops and executes key strategies including regional strategies, new market entries, platform strategies and sales campaigns across multiple sectors to achieve sales targets.
- Provides hands-on coaching and mentoring of staff, in the field, by assisting staff in business development, articulating value proposition and helping with negotiation of deals to drive sales growth.
- Develops sales objectives / targets to ensure consistent and accurate sales forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis. Drives Sales Specialists productivity.
- Partners with the other Go to Market (GTM) functions to exceed customer expectations and provide the best solution to meet their needs.
- Partners with Market Development and other GTM functions to leverage market knowledge and customer feedback to enhance product and commercial strategy, solutions and marketing efforts.
- Enables Innovation among the team members, and promotes thinking “outside the box” to come up with creative solutions for customers and potential markets.
- Sales effectiveness
- Ensures that all members of the sales team work efficiently to achieve high levels of sales growth
- Ensures accurate sales forecasts and report to senior business and finance management.
- Support recruitment and training of sales staff to achieve sales business objectives and performance. Internal/External Relations
- Interacts with senior managers and executives at major customers, as well as government officials and regulatory body leaders in the territory.
- Works effectively within a matrix organization (with dotted reporting lines, teams managed on a global or functional basis etc.) within the geography.
- Substantial experience in management role in Information, Financial Markets, or related business
- Significant and progressively more responsible business leadership experience with proven success at driving profitable growth.
- Innovative strategist with a strong intellect, skilled in identifying and developing business opportunities in the professional/services sector.
- Experience gained in a large, matrixed/shared organization with a proven ability to leverage, mobilize and energies remote and virtual cross-functional teams in different locations.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic corporate environment.
- Strong customer orientation with demonstrated experience in developing solutions that help customers improve productivity, efficiency and the quality of their work.
- International experience (as there may be global travel, as required)
- A university degree (or equivalent experience) is required with advanced training in business and financial concepts expected.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.