Business Unit: Legal
An opportunity has arisen in Legal Solutions UK & Ireland (Legal UKI) Business Systems Support supporting one of Thomson Reuter’s key strategic and fastest growing businesses. The role will provide business intelligence and data analytics support to the Legal UKI business.
Legal UKI has revenues of >$300m, revenue growth of >11%, EBITDA margins of >35%, >1,000 members of staff and $10m capital spend and has seen significant transformation following the acquisition of Practical Law Company in 2013. Legal UKI operates in the United Kingdom, Ireland and International legal markets with industry leading brands such as Sweet & Maxwell, WestLaw, Lawtel and Practical Law. More information on Legal UKI and the products and services can be found at http://legalsolutions.thomsonreuters.co.uk/en.html
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst x 2 positions available
Role Summary: The BI Analyst will support the Business Intelligence/Reporting team in delivering key reports and actionable insights to different areas of the business and high-level management. You will be responsible for creating reports and providing analysis - in both a project oriented environment and on an ad-hoc basis - to enable the achievement of operational and strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in data, and be able to combine strong technical skills with business acumen.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Develop reporting solutions to meet new business requirements
- Work with data warehouse project team to ensure data definitions and structure reflect reporting needs
- Partner with the business to solve complex data and reporting requirements
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to all areas of the business – sales, finance, marketing, editorial, segments, product
- Maintain and update existing reports and dashboards
- Train existing and new users on all reporting systems
- Business Intelligence team
- Data warehouse team
- Sales & Marketing
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Good understanding of databases, data manipulation and data warehousing
- Ability to write and understand SQL
- Good written and oral communications skills, able to converse with all levels of the organisation
- Working knowledge of at least one BI vendor
- Highly analytical, meticulous and excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and pro-active
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A demonstrable interest in Business Intelligence/reporting
- Experience of working in an agile project environment preferred
- BI qualifications or degree in Computer Science preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.