We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a rare synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.Canadian Sales Account Executive, Corporate Legal SolutionsPurpose:
You will sell Thomson Reuters software and research solutions to prospective Corporate Legal departments. To be successful in this role, you will:
- meet new sales quota by conducting face-to-face/web-ex appointments;
- conduct pre-demo qualifying calls/conversations and short product demos;
- prospect, sell, build and maintain a strong pipeline of 3x your quota;
- establish and maintain a strong sales partnership with Thomson Reuters pre-sales resources;
- update salesforce.com daily and accurately maintain the CRM tool; and
- accurately forecast results to management.QualificationsYou will be a motivated, self-starter and a great teammate with:
- a university degree (business or professional) or equivalent business experience;
- a minimum 5 years' of direct field sales experience, preferably in the corporate sector or legal industry, with a validated, exemplary track record of exceeding your sales quota;
- effective presentation skills to demonstrate our product and value propositions;
- accurate forecasting skills;
- enthusiasm, energy, passion and curiosity, and the willingness to be open and adaptable to change;
- the aptitude for navigating a complex software and solutions sales cycle;
- new business mining, prospecting and cold calling skills that will help you to develop a high volume of new business opportunities;
- initiative and a customer-centric mentality;
- a talent for building credibility and trust to navigate a complex sales cycle;
- a deep understanding of our customers’ business and industry;
- excellent collaboration and communication skills to regularly and effectively work within your team and cross-functionally with other departments;
- strong relationship-building skills that you use to influence all levels within an organization, including senior management;
- a valid driver’s license (required);
- the ability to work from a home office and travel to customer locations (some travel is required); and
- proficiency in MS Office, excel, outlook and internet skills.
Experience and a track record in software sales is strongly preferred; knowledge of the legal marketplace and a professional designation (an LL.B.) will be considered strong assets.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2015 and again in 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements if you have a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared objectives, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CAN-Toronto-2075 Kennedy Rd