Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
• Familiar with various design patterns
• Understanding of security implications and secure coding
• Familiar with RESTful interfaces
• Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp.js, webpack
• Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
• Self starter - does what it takes to get the job done
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable components
• Proficient using source code management tools such as Git or SVN
• Experienced in a formal agile software development lifecycle
• Familiar with continuous build and integration
• Experience with Test Driven Development and / or Behaviour Driven Development
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
• Web-Components and Google Polymer
• Cloud technologies
A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.