Tax Research and Online Content Editor
Date Posted: June 30, 2017
Department: Tax & Accounting Knowledge Solutions
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road - Scarborough
Tax Research & Online Content Editor
Responsible for acquiring and posting tax-related documents such as case law, government documents, commentary, tools and solutions, and legislation to the TaxNews section of Taxnet Pro. To accurately research, download, format, post, and notify users of this information in a timely manner.
This position is responsible for:
- tracking, identifying and acquiring tax and regulatory developments for inclusion in online service from various websites, bulletin boards, courts, newswires and email distributions;
- researching new developments in the various areas of tax;
- creating concise, relevant and grammatically correct document summaries and posting to Highlights sections of Taxnet Pro.;
- reviewing content returning from third party vendors and other team members for content correctness and integrity;
- preparing documents for posting to online service, ensuring accuracy and completeness of content, including some manual editing/modification of Word, Adobe Acrobat and HTML files;
- writing summary descriptions of documents, assigning, subject headings and posting items to site;
- posting documents to service within 15 to 30 minutes of acquisition, depending on preparation time and third party submissions;
- modifying or creating HTML links, as required;
- ensuring that all online published content meets standards; and
- conducting quality assurance, checking all documents on the site.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a postsecondary education or equivalent job experience;
- a strong focus on attention to detail and quality results;
- the ability to understand business terminology and the ability to synthesize and summarize content concisely and accurately;
- the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with minimum direct supervision;
- an interest in developing their tax and accounting market information knowledge;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to work under tight deadlines in a newsroom atmosphere and to handle a variety of activities simultaneously;
- working knowledge of Internet and application search techniques;
- familiarity with converting Word and Adobe Acrobat PDF documents to HTML; and
- high proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and a willingness to learn and develop competence in HTML, XHTML, SGML and other electronic formats as required.
Knowledge of tax information, basic knowledge of HTML and hyperlinks, would be considered assets.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for candidates with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CAN-Toronto-2075 Kennedy Rd