Helps drive accelerated business growth and performance in Africa through a defined Leadership Team operating rhythm, execution of strategic priorities across leadership team and key stakeholders, and the provision of key relevant insight, information and analysis up, down and across the business, to inform key decisions. Develops and maintains a strong execution culture and environment. Build credibility of the business externally and internally.
- Work closely with Leadership Team and key stakeholders to ensure effective and seamless operating rhythm and accountability across the business.
- Align planning and strategy to customer and market insight. Ensure Customer Advisory Board set up and execution. Ensure other key customer community engagements are aligned to strategy across the business.
- Develop and maintain key customer and industry association relationships.
- Structure and lead workstreams and projects for developing business unit or customer segment strategies & execution plans, acquisition pipeline development, strategy planning process, or key operational issues (such as pricing, sales force optimization).
- Ensure profitable growth across all customer segments and BUs through execution of strategic plans.
- Develops and maintains key strategic market, customer and competitor plans for the region and stays abreast of global developments and the connection to the region.
- Responsible for overall approach and strategy for developing, maintaining and expanding key external relationships that support the organization’s corporate growth priorities
- Bring discipline to business operations in Africa through intelligent use of reporting metrics to drive actions, behaviour, effectiveness and performance.
- Work closely with Finance and Sales Operations to ensure accurate sales forecasts and reporting, and that all members of the sales team work efficiently to achieve high levels of growth and client satisfaction.
- Coaches and mentors team members to drive higher performance.
- Collaborates with Client Specialists, Account Management, Service and delivery, and Administrative Support teams.
- Interacts with the broader Business Operations Groups, Marketing, Africa Management, GGO Center, Finance, Acquisition Integration, Innovation, Tax, Legal, Sales, Technology, Global Strategy and other colleagues across TR in the achievement of these objectives.
- Promotes thinking “outside the box” to come up with creative solutions for customers and potential markets.
Skills & Competencies
- Customer and market focus, and ability to build and manage customer and partner community relationships are essential.
- Proactive, with good understanding of Thomson Reuters strategy, market and business model
- Excellent organizational, facilitation and execution skills. Project management certification is an advantage.
- Strong ability to structure and manage workstreams for self and small groups, Ability to handle multi-tasking environment, meet deadlines, and work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, experience with spreadsheets and other quantitative modelling tools. Proficiency in using research tools.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills at a senior management level.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence all levels within an organization.
- Thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Drives change and follow through.
- Resourceful, with ability and desire to find solutions where they are not obvious.
- Strong leadership and management skills. Ability coach/mentor staff.
- Ability to facilitate large group sessions with senior management. Proven ability to interact with senior management and influence outcomes
- Tenacious and driven by delivering results, working effectively alone or in teams across all functions of the business
- Broad business acumen and experience. Strategy consulting experience preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.