Sr. Business Systems Technical Specialist Core Publishing Solutions (CPS) manufactures and warehouses Thomson Reuters Legal print products, and also serves as a commercial printer and order fulfillment provider for 3rd party customers. CPS is looking for an experienced team member who has expertise to identify technology opportunities and solutions to improve efficiencies and automate transactions, as well as lead those projects to completion. This person will be partnering and advising on business and system process re-engineering across the business. This will include proactive assessments of current state, recommendations, and execution to the future state.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Performs work across multiple business areas within a process or product, and engages in highly complex business processes, recommending and implementing the design or integration of technical solutions.
- Works on or leads projects of medium to large scope and complexity; or may work as the highest technical expert for one or more large, highly complex projects. Participates in short term planning sessions with the business to improve ongoing business processes.
- Defines and manages business requirements and works with development to design and implement projects.
- Works as a liaison across stakeholders including vendors to elicit, create, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems, and validates that current processes meet business needs.
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- May work independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Responsible for estimating effort required for own work, and checking and agreeing upon other team member estimates, as well as providing technical guidance to project team members on tasks as necessary.
- Leads the production of business and system functional requirements and responsible for coordinating work of development teams, business clients and others accountable for project deliverables.
- Drives transactional automation throughout the production work stream.
- Designs and provides training and SME support to the user community.
- Improves efficiency in processing files, incorporating industry standards where appropriate.
- Stays abreast of developments in the publishing space, including tools and platforms, and articulates the implications for the business.
- Supports customer demand management journey through development of workflow, leveraging technology to minimize downtime.
- Communicates status updates and reports to management and key stakeholders.
- Recommends and validates technical solutions to meet requirements based on understanding of how technical solutions will impact the business and stakeholders as required.
- May research and analyze current processes and recommend tools for implementation that meet user requirements and are cost effective.
- Ensures change management and communication of change to management and/or business users is done in a systematic way for complex projects.
- Proactively identifies, recommends, and implements improvements to business processes.
- Develops extensive understanding of multiple Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions technologies, products, and services.Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Expert knowledge in relevant software application(s) as a technical specialist, and may require mastery of several technology tools used in the industry.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of Prepress and Manufacturing systems a plus.
- Preferred 8-10 years of applicable experience.
- Understands requirements management best practice and ensures practices are used.
- Understands industry information and the future direction of the industry.
- Solid presentation skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.