This role will be responsible for Design and Engineering across Backup Infrastructure in CPS & CIS environments for Thomson Reuters. In this role, you will take architectural directions and transform them into supportable Backup technology standards within Thomson Reuters data centers. Backup storage infrastructure effectively supports the ongoing business operations, revenue and strategic direction.
To achieve success, the individual will need to work closely with Architecture, Support and Delivery teams to ensure that the designs created meet defined technology requirements and are supportable on an enterprise scale.
This position will also partner with vendors to understand technology trends and how they can be used to improve performance, efficiency and meet Thomson Reuters businesses technology requirements.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Stays informed of current and emerging technologies and storage & Data protection trends, in order to advice and counsel on their potential strategic value.
- Maintenance of infrastructure development roadmap that aligned with DCS architectural policy and Business Unit requirements
- Leads the engineering efforts required to evaluate, pilot and determine operational feasibility of new technology solutions
- Leads the creation of standards, methodologies and new processes for operational integration.
- Own and Design solutions based on Thomson Reuters Backup standards for CPS Production & CIS non-Prod environments
- Governs the storage environment to ensure compliance to defined standards and operational procedures
- Global L3/ L4 support & escalation for all CPS hardware and software across SAN storage.
Leadership & Communication (10%)
- Ability to translate highly technical solutions/problems to audience at varying technical levels
- Strong ability to prepare and present technical documentation
Management & Administration (10%)
- Ability to contribute, influence and direct a variety of projects concurrently
- Set individual goals that are consistent with business goals
- Partner with Operational Readiness and architects on new technologies
- Continuous service improvement through the delivery of process, scripts, automation and
- Operational efficiencies.
Business Insight and Strategy (10%)
- Actively generates relevant ideas for new and improved use of technology
- Understands technical impact to new projects and supported systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years technology experience
- Storage Design and Engineering experience in large enterprise class storage environments
- Proven ability to influence and interact effectively with peers and IT leaders
- 5 - 6 years experience in handling Avamar Backup technologies.
- Experience in Avamar grid configuration and data center deployments.
- AVAMAR system migration concepts
- Multi-site replication experience (Avamar to Avamar)
- Create and Manage Dataset, Schedule and Retention Policy. Monitoring AVAMAR backups and recovering failed backups.
- Analyze Problems & raise to appropriate Levels. Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison
- Data Domain experience with following
- Strong experience in managing Database backups(Oracle & SQL) using native tools (RMAN or SQL Scripts) as well as using Live agents.
- Integration experience with Avamar and Data Domain
- Working experience of LAN based and LAN-Free methodologies.
- Strong functional knowledge in one of the following OS platforms: Linux, Solaris or Windows.
- Experience managing the Flatfile backup & Archive , recovery and replication methodologies.
- Experience in writing automation scripts using shell scripting,python,perl
- Working experience with large data center migrations and technology refreshes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written proficiency.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Working experience on TSM and Netbackup technologies.
- Native OS clustering methodologies
- Experience with NAS technologies Netapp and snapshot implementation
- Experience with Server Virtualization, SAN, FC networks
- Understanding of CNAs and FCoE.
- Experience working in large scale Enterprise storage environments
- I Python ( Programming Language)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America