We’re looking for a strategic and innovative customer segment leader to drive the strategy and value proposition roadmap for knowledge-based solutions used by tax professionals. As a customer segment leader, you’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify market opportunities and define and deliver innovative offerings that are tailored to the needs of your market segment.
This is a unique opportunity to play a hands-on role in delivering value to customers in new ways and through new experiences.
- Responsibility for the growth of our business with tax and trade professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms, government, educational institutions and other types of organizations
- Strong understanding of our customers’ strategies, needs, and opportunities
- Directs the development of market segments; determines commercial strategy for Tax and Trade lines of business and monitors the development of business plans, managing product life-cycles and product positioning in the marketplace
- Able to identify and appraise commercial opportunities – identify key issues, opportunities, and threats that inform product line strategy; translates corporate direction and strategic focus into product portfolio decisions; establishes pricing strategies
- Accountable for executing on the strategy and determining how to allocate and prioritize time and resources within the context of new opportunities and commercial programs
- Regularly interacts with executives and major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or internal management to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Success will be measured by delivery of ACV and revenue Plan as well as other subjective measures
- Motivated by challenge, willing to wear multiple hats, mental toughness and resilience
- Transformational leader with ability to mobilize a team toward a common vision; strong organizational and project management skills; outstanding time management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver results; a strong team player.
- Experience leading and motivating virtual teams
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex functional issues to internal and external stakeholders, including technical, financial and corporate audiences
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a global, complex and highly-matrixed organization
- 12+ years of product management experience in a global market environment.
- Degree required; MBA a plus
- Strong experience with Knowledge Solutions products desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated capacity to think and act strategically; demonstrated ability to understand commercial, technological and strategic drivers in order to execute strategy.
- Proven ability to influence internal and external audiences, including cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strategic focus with experience growing product lines.
- Change oriented and experience driving transformational initiatives
- P&L responsibility a plus.
- Executive presence - Exhibits a passion for creating customer value – understands target customers, their needs, wants, and aims, and aligns business processes, products, and services to satisfy customers and build customer relationships.
- Understands and effectively makes use of 'voice of the customer' techniques and methods to gather insights and inform decision making; supports insights with quantitative research where required.
- Able to identify and evaluate commercial opportunities and translate corporate direction into product portfolio decisions.
- Able to prepare business cases, consolidate and monitor revenue forecasts, prepare sensitivity analysis and understand related business risks.
- Understands and effectively plans all go-to-market activities that are necessary to achieve client adoption or retention goals, including customer on-boarding, support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development. -
- Willingness to travel
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America