- Provides skilled technical support/delivery capability, with minimal supervision, for the current and future design, testing, delivery, support, and maintenance of production services in the technical operations environment.
- Provides technical and procedural consistency within a team focused on the implementation, service delivery and support of products, systems & networks.
- Contributes to initiatives for driving down incident rates and working with first line operations (and operations engineers within specialist functional teams, working with 2nd line operations) to improve service recovery times.
- Adheres to the implementation process to ensure that all aspects of operability are delivered whilst ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved.
- Contributes to defining operational standards, procedures, and best practice.
- Operations Engineers within specialist functional teams may have compliance assurance responsibility.
- Works in close liaison with various operational, project, development and product teams as well working within the Service Organization to ensure ongoing service delivery and support can be maintained to agreed service levels
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with various software applications and development
- Good analytical skills (root cause analysis and create solutions to resolve incidents)
- Strong communication skills - this role will involve communicating regularly with a wide range of people of all professional levels and cultures
- Ability to code in one or more scripting languages (Python, Java etc) and open platforms like CDAP and Docker
- Ability to work independently in a challenging environment to meet product schedules and deadlines
- Good understanding of Networking, BigIP and DNS
- Experience with scripting and automation (monitoring, configuration and deployment automation)
- Experience implementing system and application monitoring (familiarity with monitoring tools like Kibana)
- Experience Cloud based systems (like Open Stack and AWS)
- System Administration experience (Linux)
- Experience with Big Data technology (Hadoop, Elastic search, HDFS etc)
- Familiarity with open-text based formats like JSON etc and web services
- Familiarity with RDBMS such as mySQL and Oracle
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America