Clarivate Analytics accelerates the pace of innovation by providing trusted insights and analytics to customers around the world, enabling them to discover, protect and commercialize new ideas faster. Formerly the Intellectual Property and Science business of Thomson Reuters, we own and operate a collection of leading subscription-based services focused on scientific and academic research, patent analytics and regulatory standards, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence, trademark protection, domain brand protection and intellectual property management. Clarivate Analytics is now an independent company with over 4,500 employees, operating in more than 100 countries and owns well‐known brands that include Web of Science, Cortellis, Thomson Innovation, Derwent World Patents Index, CompuMark, MarkMonitor and Techstreet, among others. For more information, visit Clarivate.com.
The Strategic Account Manager will have a proven track record selling technology and information solutions to global Pharmaceutical companies. We are seeking a dynamic self starter who has the ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a complex global organization.
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective strategic account strategy through collaboration with other team members of the Life Sciences Sales Organization. We are looking for a strong communicator to both senior management and scientific end users in addition to the ability to clearly articulate an in-depth understanding of our Products, Platform and Solution capabilities will be essential for this role.Duties and responsibilities:
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- To achieve/exceed territory revenue plan.
- To maintain existing subscriber base through renewals and to grow revenues from within existing accounts selected across Regional Sales.
- To prepare an account plan for each selected organization which includes an organization profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth, objectives and implementation schedule of Total Account Management.
- Responsible for creating and updating account profiles in Salesforce.com.
- Devise overall strategy for each assigned "key" account, with the help of the Regional Sales Manager and other support functions (Strategic Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, etc…).
- To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of products offered by Clarivate Analytics and to keep that knowledge up-to-date.
- To report back from customer training sessions; recording customer feedback, gathering customer intelligence and follow-up as required.
- To maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- To maximize sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new services offered by Clarivate Analytics and marketing/sales campaigns.
- To organize customer visits efficiently.
- To maintain customer satisfaction with all services and functions offered by Clarivate Analytics.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.
- Degree (BA level) in one of the following areas: Chemistry, Biology, or Life Sciences (preferred), International Business, Marketing, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Proven track record selling services, technology and information solutions to life science companies.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers.
- A customer driven approach and good customer management skills.
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers and an understanding (or the potential to develop an understanding) of the role of customer training as an integral part of the sales process.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone manner, and face to face customer skills.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers, from end users to executives of multi-national corporations.
- A good team player / self starter with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Knowledge of the information market either in the patent information or other information services field.
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedure and standards.
- To demonstrate individual drive and determination to succeed.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environment.
- Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions.
- A commercial awareness and technical appreciation of the life science market sectors.
- A general understanding of businesses and processes Clarivate Analytics.
At Clarivate Analytics, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. We work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Clarivate Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017).Locations
United States of America-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-USA-Philadelphia-Spring Gdn St