Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
We are seeking a talented student for consideration in our Summer Internship Program at Thomson Reuters in Chicago. We have designed an 11-week program that offers a full time experience, where the intern is assimilated into a group to learn about and work under the guidance of an experienced manager. You will have the chance to attend senior management speaking events, participate in business networking, receive opportunities through scheduled events dedicated to the Intern population and gain invaluable professional experience through project-based work. It is an amazing experience to explore a career in one of the leading global financial information organizations.QualificationsQualifications
• Fact gathering and support sales efforts
• Gather account history and market data as requested
• Support local initiatives to drive productivity and performance
• Lead generation/prospecting
• Develop sales skills and product knowledge
• Attend and participate in sales meetings, product instruction and sales process training
• Achieve a strong competency in all needed databases, tools, systems and processes
• Develop customers’ relationships to address minor issues quickly, to develop greater familiarity with accounts
• First line support for process and system queries, monitor on an ongoing basis and implement solutions for recurring issues that arise.
• Acts as a liaison between Sales and internal departments.
• Pursuing a college degree with a major or concentration in Professional Sales, Business, Communication or related field
• Previous sales internship or participating in a student sales organization is preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of business products and processes
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex client issues, improving service offerings.
• Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentation)
• Organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to dynamic and fast paced work environment
• Ability to troubleshoot and make appropriate decisions based on knowledge of business objectives
• Confident, helpful, customer-oriented phone presence required
• Strong business acumen, high initiative and an achievement orientation
• Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
• Solid computer and software literacy, with the ability to learn new technology quickly
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.Locations
United States of America-Illinois-Chicago-USA-Chicago-311 S Wacker Drive (Suite 1200)