The Fraud Prevention & Investigation (FP&I) organization, part of the Thomson Reuters technology organization, is looking to add a Sr Software Engineer. You will collaborate with technical leaders, developers and managers to successfully develop software solutions in a large multi-tier web application supporting thousands of concurrent online customers. This team is primarily responsible for the presentation and middle tier layers of the various FP&I applications.
Our development group is a collaborative team that works in a cutting-edge and fast-paced environment building Web-based solutions and underlying services. The team collaborates with key business and technical personnel to implement customer-centric solutions. Individual developers are responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, documenting, and testing of new products and features. The position requires an individual who is willing to play a technical role in this software development environment, but is also willing to assist in any areas of the development lifecycle where they are needed.
- Design and develop Java applications and/or dynamic Web pages to support the Thomson Reuters business.
- Work with a small focused development team to strategize on feature needs.
- Work individually as well as within a matrix group environment.
- Strive to exceed expectations of our business and technology partners along with our peer development team.
- Solve and fix new and existing code sets.
- Communicate code development estimates accurate and effectively.
- Provide timely and accurate communication of status to team, project and technical leads.
- Seek out and share technical knowledge with other members across the organization.
- Design, code, test and implement according to design specifications.
- Write maintenance documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- Participate in requirements reviews, design reviews, and code reviews to program project requirements
- Consult with project lead on identification of problems and suggest solutions for the resolution of coding issues.
- Seek out new technologies and ideas to add value to our products.
- Re-engineer current systems to allow for flexibility, stability, and scalability while preserving existing functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- 3+ years of industry software development experience
- Extensive Java development experience.
- Web based and/or service tier development experience.
- Experience with XML and JSON.
- Strong problem solving, analysis, design, and testing skills.
- Strong data analysis, design and testing skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong object-oriented design skills.
- Strong relational database management skills
- Ability to solve complex problems independently and to seek out and generate innovative solutions.
- Ability to work under the supervision of the team lead, able to work independently as well as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
- Ability to focus on delivering results in a dynamic environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE.
- Experience with formal software delivery and quality methodologies, specifically iterative methodologies.
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit
- Experience with REST
- Experience with UNIX
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.Locations
United States of America-Georgia-Atlanta-USA-Atlanta-115 Perimeter Ctr