A Senior Associate will be expected to:
- Understand US legal writing.
- Interpret statutes and regulations accurately with moderate supervision.
- Follow step by step process of researching the issues and presenting the findings in the desired format.
- Manage small teams of 2-3 people.
- Follow up with Associates on status of assignments and report the same to the project managers.
- Be effective on the floor in terms of sharing learning/insights with peers/juniors/seniors.
- Escalate project specific issues timely.
- Apply herself / himself to understanding the underlying issues of a project.
- Follow process instructions consistently without failure.
- Attend mandatory trainings and certification courses.
Candidates applying for a Senior Associate position must:
- Possess a good understanding of financial terms and concepts, coupled with knowledge of how the financial industry operates.
- Be capable of conducting independent research to understand the business of financial institutions and identify compliance areas applicable to these financial institutions.
- Have the ability to accurately interpret statutes and regulations and identify compliance obligations applicable to a financial institution.
- Be good with research and know where to find the most up-to-date regulatory and statutory developments.
- Have excellent analytical skills.
- Be capable of participating in quality control processes.
- Be able to identify and escalate all relevant issues as well as cascade down all relevant information.
- Be responsible for quality checking the work done by an Associate.
- Be organized and efficient – capable of handling responsibility assigned to her / him quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Conducting basic training.
- Performing quality checks.
- Desirable: Experience in regulatory compliance related work; and/ or prior experience/knowledge how the financial industry operates
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.