To lead Professional and Consulting Services team(s) to ensure provision of the best implementation and support for our information and selected productized solutions offerings in a profitable manner. Create and implement tools, processes and working practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of staff, and to enable staff to deliver best in class service.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction within remit/territory.
- Develops departmental plans and determines long term priorities for the team.
- Allocates resources and prioritizes tasks.
- Build, develop and lead a highly effective and motivated work force with clearly defined mission and aligned objectives
- Responsible for ensuring own staff and contractors have adequate skills and knowledge to perform their duties.
- Ensure Technical Policies are known by the team and applied consistently.
- Ensure client documentation, and appropriate manuals, processes and procedures are updated regularly.
- Ensure operational requirements, standards and best practices are factored into plans.
- Contribute to ongoing refinement and development of operational requirements and standards.
- Lead selected key projects / activities and provide management bandwidth within the Organization.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Interfaces with third parties.
- Mentors more junior Team Leaders.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
Level of knowledge and application of skills.
- Expert level knowledge of assigned technologies and products
- Expert knowledge in key areas of responsibility e.g. operating systems, networking technologies, security standards
- Experience with remote access tools and methods e.g. WebEx
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem management, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations
- Very good knowledge of relevant markets
- Very good knowledge of internal systems and processes
- Able to work well under pressure in a demanding environment
- Very good knowledge of Technical Policies
- Independent worker with excellent time management and escalation skills
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- External customers
- Business unit leaders, other Team Leaders/Managers
- Technical Account Managers and Account Managers
SCOPE & IMPACT
Size, nature and complexity of work. Budgetary accountability. Degree of influence.
- Has in depth business and managerial knowledge.
- Leads a team or teams of individual contributors, with limited supervision.
- Members of the team may be based in several different locations.
- No budget ownership.
- Approves overtime and other compensation related matters for his/her direct reports.
- Develops departmental plans including business, production and/or Organizational priorities.
- Directs the resolution of complex or unusual problems.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Boston-Massachusetts-United States of America