Thomson Reuters (TSX/NYSE: TRI) is the world’s leading source of news and information for professional markets. We are looking for a Corporate & Securities lawyer to join our Legal Department. This is a diverse and challenging role that offers the opportunity to work with cross functional stakeholders on a wide variety of legal matters. The position will be based at our global headquarters at 333 Bay Street in Toronto.
- Securities – Oversee compliance with applicable Canadian and U.S. securities and stock exchange requirements. Draft and coordinate continuous disclosure filings as well as prospectuses and registration statements.
- M&A – Assist with M&A transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and minority investments.
- Treasury – Assist with legal aspects of public debt offerings and redemptions, banking/credit facility matters, share buyback program and other treasury matters.
- Communications/Corporate Affairs - Assist with earnings releases, executive presentations, news releases, fact books and employee announcements. Assist Brand Marketing with legal aspects of sponsorships and other projects.
- HR/Benefits – Draft and provide other legal support for incentive/equity compensation plans and agreements.
- General Contracts/Sourcing – Draft, review and negotiate various types of company-wide contracts with suppliers, consultants and others in areas such as software/SaaS, professional services and outsourcing.
- Tax - Assist with legal analyses and documentation related to intercompany restructurings, intercompany agreements and corporate housekeeping matters.
- Other - Help with Legal Department special projects and initiatives; manage outside counsel involved in certain transactions and projects; other duties as assigned.
- LLB in good standing, called to the Bar of a Canadian province, membership in an applicable law society or bar association
- At least 4 years of legal experience, including practice at a top-tier law firm. Previous in-house experience is an asset, but not required.
- Knowledge of Canadian corporate and securities laws, rules and regulations
- Excellent communications, project management and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with business and legal personnel at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work across boundaries as part of a global team
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and demands
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.