The Nottingham Risk Technology Hub is where we build solutions that form part of the Thomson Reuters Risk portfolio. A team of highly skilled engineers work with our product teams to deliver high quality risk solutions, including the award-winning Connected Risk platform - a highly configurable Java web application which can be configured to deliver a wide variety of risk solutions.
You'll be leading a team which is adopting a truly agile approach to deliver enhancements that will drive the growth of the product. As part of this initiative, we're building our automated test capabilities and you will be instrumental in driving forward our QA initiatives to ensure that we delight our customers with all that we deliver. People are key to achieving this, so working with your team on their professional development will be an important part of your role.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Contribute to the definition and implementation of a QA strategy that aligns with our agile processes.
• Participate in planning sessions with team members to analyze requirements and provide automation options, work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Provide leadership to team members
• Develop a work culture that promotes the development and retention of high quality team members.
• Apply and contribute to evolving a robust agile implementation within the teams.
• Work closely with development and product owners to form a highly effective delivery team
• Produce, maintain and execute a robust set of automated tests to challenging deadlines
• Report and track defects through to completion.
• Be responsible for the management, maintenance and monitoring of test environments.
• Connected Risk Development Manager.
• Business Analysts.
• Agile team members.
• Dedicated team leader in global dynamic environments.
• Capable of motivating and energizing others, as well as gaining their respect.
• Experience leading teams.
• Experienced Programmer and/or Auto Tester, with good technical skills
• C# and/or Java other similar programming language.
• Experience of using Selenium or other functional test automation tools
• Self starter - does what it takes to get the job done
• Comfortable operating in a dynamic environment
• Experienced, able and keen to work using agile delivery methodologies
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Experience of test tracking tools
• Proficient using source code management tools such as Git or SVN.
• Experience testing cloud based applications.
• Experience with Jira.
• A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
• ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing/ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation, Advanced or Practitioner Level is desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.