Connected Risk is a platform on which we build Enterprise Risk Management solutions that form part of the Thomson Reuters Risk portfolio. It's a Java web application, but we are now taking the next steps to bring the product to the cloud. The product has a great deal of flexibility and can be configured to deliver a wide variety of solutions. A lot of this configuration is able to be done by non-technical people using web based drag and drop techniques.
Although it has a long and successful history, we are stepping up a gear with Connected Risk. You'll be working in a team which is adopting a truly agile approach to deliver enhancements that will drive the growth of the product. You'll bring a wealth of technical knowledge which allows you to successfully implement changes whilst supporting to more junior team members. Quality is non-negotiable, so a good focus on code quality, unit testing and enabling automated testing is important.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code based on User Stories.
• Develop software using agile methodologies, adhering to team/company standards.
• Participate in planning sessions with team members to analyze requirements and provide design options, work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Demonstrate a focus on quality, through unit testing, integration testing and peer reviews, ensuring software meets requirements.
• Create, review, and maintain all required technical reference material to ensure supportability and reuse.
• Actively participate in team status meetings, providing timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor.
• Connected Risk Development Manager / Development Team Lead.
• Business Analysts.
• Agile team members.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Experienced software engineer with excellent knowledge of the Java language and underlying JVM.
• Solid grasp of object-oriented programming.
• Familiar with various design patterns.
• Experience of unit testing.
• Knowledge of databases and SQL.
• Understanding of security implications and secure coding.
• Understanding of HTML and XML.
• Self starter - does what it takes to get the job done.
• Superb communication skills, verbal and written.
• Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable Java libraries.
• Proficient using source code management tools such as Git or SVN.
• Experienced in a formal agile software development lifecycle.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
• Understanding of multithreading.
• Cloud technologies.
• A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
• Oracle Java certification is desirable but not required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.