- Assists in the coordination and planning of editorial activities such as production scheduling, resource allocation and vendor preparation for multiple content sets to meet editorial publishing schedules and quality standards.
- Helps to deliver complex content sets in accordance with production schedules through the coordination of production teams, content providers, sourcing partners and others as needed.
- Participates in annual and long-term (life-cycle) planning of assigned content sets and product lines, collaborating with various departments regarding the business aspects of those content sets as required.
- Delivers quality by reviewing documentation, following editorial standards and evaluating work of vendors to ensure that information is properly presented and organized.
- Exhibits an understanding of editorial production process and requirements and the business drivers behind them.
- Prepares reports as assigned on various topics (such as progress against currentness and quality goals) and communicates them to management.
Individual and Leadership Development:
- Attends and participates in meetings as requested/required.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process (both wider feedback and self-evaluation).
- Develops knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to the employee's responsibilities, and those of competitors.
Prioritizes own work.
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of each team member and how each role affects production.
- Is able to successfully work and communicate in a global work environment.
- Demonstrates competence on company specific systems necessary to perform job functions.
- Collaborates with a wide-range of internal contacts including but not limited to Editorial Operations, Manufacturing, Technology departments, and Product Management/Development.
- Works effectively with external contacts, including virtual and off-site teams/vendors or sourcing partners; coordinates and monitors the work of the global production teams, as well as content providers, sourcing partners, government officials and others as needed; delivers deadline information in a clear fashion, ensures production schedules are being met and work is being received in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years experience in publishing, and/or in technical support of publishing processes is beneficial.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Microsoft Office and other personal computer skills, solid experience with applications and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Analytical, problem-solving, organizational and prioritization skills
- Is able to effectively assign and delegate work to others; plans publishing activities for global production teams to enable the teams to publish quality content within designated timeframes
- Able to successfully manage multiple and complex projects simultaneously
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative or team environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America