Your Impact at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters
The Operations Team Lead, Content ensures high quality execution of web marketing copy projects through robust leadership skills and effective team and cross-functional management. The Team Lead will work closely with the Manager of Content Operations to implement consistent standards for marketing content and deliver a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Achieve deliverable time frames and promote a high level of staff utilization and productivity.
- Analyze and report key measurements of processes implemented within Content.
- Recommend and manage Content vendor relationships.
- Address escalated client issues and bring them to a positive resolution.
- Shows up with solutions and drives execution
Career Management of Team:
- Assist team members in formulating development plans that support overall business objectives.
- Motivate and manage team members to achieve high levels of performance.
- Provides targeted, timely and effective feedback.
- Sets expectations, holds people accountable, and coaches to expectations
- Identify and recommend training needs/opportunities for the team.
- Work with the Manager of Content Operations to manage resourcing needs
- Prepare performance reviews.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of new team members.
- Identify process improvement needs, recommend solutions and implement changes.
- Collaborate, cross-functionally, to quickly identify issues and resolve to the customer's satisfaction.
- Keep abreast of digital marketing and social media trends, strategies, platforms, and tools
- Evaluate and recommend digital marketing and social media best practices and tools.
- Partner with stakeholders in planning and implementation of new business solutions.
- Identify innovative approaches to evolve content strategy and delivery.
- 1-2+ years people management or mentoring/coaching experience
- 3 + years experience in writing or leading web content development, SEO/SEM, social media or a related field preferred
- Bachelor Degree required, JD optional, Master’s optional
- Understanding of digital marketing and social media concepts and channels
- Demonstrated leadership and employee development skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage challenging client issues
- Works well in a team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable
- Strong interpersonal skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America