WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Financial Trade Documentation Attorney Manager
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
You will join the International Legal Managed Services team based in Gdynia, London, New York and Eagan (MN). Within your role you will be responsible for leading and managing the team of Professional and Consulting Services.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
In the wake of the global financial crisis, OTC derivatives have been blamed for increasing systemic risk. With the ever-increasing regulatory landscape raising a lot of unanswered questions, our services help global financial institutions navigate through the maze by managing obligations for relationship and transactional documentation. What is more, our team supports financial institutions in complying with approaching regulatory deadlines.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Manage Thomson Reuters (“TR”) Financial Trade Documentation (“FTD”) Legal Manages Services (“LMS”) Gdynia Delivery Center.
- Managing a team of attorneys who are tasked with performing a number of FTD remediation related engagements. Work streams include negotiation and amendment of FTD, data management and systems related work (reporting, tracking, data extraction).
- Day to day management activities include a variety of HR matters (vacation, billing systems, time sheets, promotions, recruitment) together with the supervision of all team members (periodic appraisals, career development planning, training, on boarding, workload monitoring, assignment of work).
- Contributor, influencer and potential decision maker during time sensitive client RFPs.
- Developing training programs together with in-house subject matter experts for project related work and for general product training for negotiation team.
- Point person for all complex negotiation and process related issues raised by team members.
- Responsible for ensuring the team's work is held to a high standard. Resolving all issues raised by team members, stakeholders, clients.
- Raising and working closely with clients, internal TR stakeholders to resolve issues and proactively improve processes and solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible and accountable for the output of entire Gdynia FTD Delivery team - productivity, training, timely execution of agreements.
- Responsible for handling day to day escalations from clients, from stakeholders and conflict within the teams.
- Working closely with HR on matters such as attrition challenges, career development matters, internal and external training for the teams and for individual high performers.
- Allocate specific tasks to individual team members to encourage accountability and responsibility and for personal development purposes.
- Update teams continually on market trends and regulatory change by participating in industry working groups (e.g. ISDA), industry networking and collaborating with clients.
- Make recommendations to senior management on how negotiation process and team operations can be improved.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Strong management skills and experience of working with teams located across a number of regions and time zones.
- Ability to manage a local team which collaborates routinely on a global scale and handle different cultures, communicate clearly, and focus on client deliverables.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and authority.
- Ability to develop the team and individual's personal and unique talents to benefit the whole team as well as the individual.
- Strong mentoring ability and ability to promote team spirit.
- Strong analytical, drafting, and communication skills.
- Ability to handle complex matters and find effective and efficient solution.
- Visionary who will understand the bigger picture and will rise to the challenge of growing the team and bringing it onto the next stage of development.
- Ability to collaborate closely with stakeholders from different departments across the client and internally within the delivery and Sales teams.
- Ability to handle urgent and competing matters but remaining calm in order to instill confidence and reassure team members and the client.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the following types of agreements and opinions: ISDA Master Agreements and associated agreements (including Credit Support Annexes, margin annexes, guaranties, tri-party account control agreements, and confidentiality agreements, where applicable), GMRAs (Global Master Repurchase Agreement), MRAs (Master Repurchase Agreement), GMLSAs (Global Master Securities Lending Agreement), MSLAs (Master Securities Lending Agreement), MSFTAs Master Securities Forward Transaction Agreement), and futures and swap clearing agreements.
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.