We are currently seeking a highly motivated cloud software engineer who combines solid technical credentials for the position of Lead Software Engineer within our Cloud Center of Excellence team. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners to build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of modern cloud native software applications and services for Thomson Reuters.
Are you passionate about using cloud technologies, open-source, and love working with and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic environment? Do you have a burning desire to move fast and be bold? Then we want you on our team!
As part of the Cloud Center of Excellence team, you will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, energetic, and high performing team at the heart of the Thomson Reuters transformation to developing cloud native applications and services. This group is nimble and creative and will shape our technology road map. This role will be instrumental to enabling the current and future world of cloud computing at Thomson Reuters. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to delivery against existing and future needs of our customers. Your role will include working with the following technologies:
- AWS and Azure cloud providers and related services
- SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) or IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions
- Database technologies including SQL and NoSQL
- Discrete micro services with simple repeatable cloud native architectural - patterns
- Continuous delivery practices such as Blue-Green Deployment, Canary Releases
- Continuous delivery tools such as AWS Code Services, VSTS, Git, Bash scripts, Jenkins, Jenkins DSL, Spinnaker and Gradle
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Packer, Chef, AWS CloudFormation, Powershell, Azure Resource Tools
- Programming languages such as Java, .NET and related open source libraries
- Scripting languages such as Python or NodeJS
- Distributed logging such as ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Security best practices for cloud
- Serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda or Azure Functions
- Container technologies such as Docker, AWS ECS, Azure Container Service or Kubernetes
- Cloud Monitoring such as Sensu, AWS CloudWatch or Azure Diagnostics, Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Cloud native libraries such as Netflix OSS
- Test automation frameworks
If you have the talent and desire to build innovative business critical software services at a rapid pace, seamlessly serving many of the largest companies in the world come join our team!
- Collaborate with technologists across the company to build cloud native applications
- Approaching work with a DevOps and continuous improvement mindset
- Ensure consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends – open source and cloud vendors such as AWS and Azure
- Develop and mentor the technical skills of less senior members of the technology teams
- Articulate complex problems, concepts and solutions through formal and informal means to global technical and non-technical audiences
- Be a thought leader and influencer in cloud native development best practices, which includes continuous delivery, security, infrastructure as a code, automation, immutable infrastructure and service discovery
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic matrix agile team environment with multiple levels of technology staff across the globe
- Be the key resource for an entire Business while also working with a passionate high energy team.
- Bachelor's degree in related technology program preferred
- 6+ years software engineering experience including:
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven ability to solve complex problems independently
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work, communicate project status, roadblocks, accomplishments, and effectively manage and prioritize a diverse workload
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, identify solutions and driving resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment and one on one –
- 2+ years of relevant cloud experience including:
- Building cloud native applications and services following cloud native architecture methodologies running in the public cloud
- Java or .NET experience including open source libraries
- Scripting languages such as Python, NodeJS, Perl or UNIX/Bourne Shell (BASH)
- Comfortable working in Windows, Mac and *Nix environments including writing scripts
- Experience demonstrating best practices through a consultative approach:
- Customer first mindset
- Outgoing innovator investigating new technologies and suggesting technology and/or process improvements
- Creative problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- 1+ years experience providing technical leadership within a development team
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America