There is currently a vacancy for a
German speaking Sales Specialist (f/m)
based in Zurich.
The successful candidate will champion and proactively lead the sales of the Thomson Reuters propositions in the financial marketplace by identifying growth opportunities. The role involves creating & leveraging strong client relationships, promoting Thomson Reuters Eikon desktop solutions, seeking and developing new business (inside and outside of Thomson Reuters existing customer base) and driving competitive sales opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Identify new sales opportunities and develop those through the full sales cycle, with the specific goal of offering workflow based solutions for the benefit of the client;
- Follow a holistic approach by offering Thomson Reuters Eikon workflow solutions including a side-by-side integration of the investment management process;
- Prospect and develop new business through a high volume of strategic prospecting and account development;
- Collaborate closely with the Account Management and Market Development teams and deliver a joined-up service to develop and execute sales strategies for Thomson Reuters’ accounts;
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels of the client organisations;
- Build strong relationships and communities with end users by understanding and fulfilling their business needs and enhancing their user experience;
- Participate or lead large scale competitive desktop displacement projects;
- Participate in pre-sales calls, create and deliver customised presentations (in person or online), provide written proposals and subject matter expertise for solutions products for individual deals;
- Utilise knowledge of business and workflows to determine and position value-added solutions offering to promote business growth in the firm and to increase sales and customer retention;
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and can easily differentiate our proposition USPs to the customer;
- Act as a knowledge champion in market-based product knowledge relative to the customer segment;
- Accurately manage client data in the CRM system/TRUST (Salesforce);
- Relevant Degree and/or equivalent relevant work experience required
- 3+ years of proven experience in client related/financial services roles
- German native speaker; fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of the Swiss Financial Market and in particular of Wealth Management and Investment Management
- Strong understanding of customers, their business model and workflows
- Excellent relationship building skills, ideally having an extensive business network and key contacts in the Private Banking and Asset Management industry in the German speaking part of Switzerland
- Outstanding negotiating and selling skills (effectively identify, develop and close opportunities)
- Exceptional execution skills with a proven track record of sales excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player, ability to collaborate with the broader Specialists and Account teams
- Knowledge of the Thomson Reuters product suite (Eikon, Datastream, Starmine) is a plus
- Problem solving-ability to understand, articulate, structure and map the client needs with Thomson Reuters solutions
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.