We are looking for a dynamic and innovative marketing leader to lead the product marketing activities across the Know How and Legal Workflow portfolio. As a key leader in a vital part of our business, this individual will work across the business to achieve sales and revenue objectives. This individual with partner closely with the Product Management to assess customer needs, analyze market trends and monitor competitive activity as we bring new offerings to market. This role will work collaboratively with Segment (customer) marketing teams to support customer specific marketing plans and campaigns. This individual will lead the team responsible for defining & executing the Go-To-Market launch process including market needs analysis, product positioning, pricing, sales readiness & training.
Scope and Impact
- Drives the development and implementation of cohesive strategic product marketing strategies for Know How and Legal Workflow products, which feed into Segment marketing plans and messaging.
- Leads and motivates a team of marketing managers and marketing professionals.
- Partners collaboratively with Segments and Product Management to ensure product performance goals are attained; provides input and influences decisions on product investments and long term strategy.
- Launches the selected offerings and manages the ongoing communications with target audiences.
- Regularly updates senior leadership on key milestones and performance metrics and brings forward investment requests for strategic initiatives as needed.
- Ensures deliverables demonstrate value and a return on investment, meet our customer’s strategic requirements and Thomson Reuters quality standards, including brand guidelines.
- Identifies and drives actions to maximize product success.
- Prioritizes marketing spend and time allocation across products, geographies and marketing programs.
- Develops a talent management plan/process for marketing that supports the strategic and future needs of the business and drives for efficiencies and improvements in effectiveness.
- Creates a high performing organization that consistently exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders (employees, customers, shareholders) as well as prospects. Manages a team of product marketing professionals in various locations.
Education and Experience:
- 12+ years of progressively responsible marketing experience or business development experience
- Extensive experience in product marketing which includes setting sales and marketing strategy of products or services
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
- Previous experience managing other people managers required.
- Experience in value proposition development, product positioning, competitive monitoring and product launch process for a new or established product
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experienced marketing leader with history of involvement in strategic planning and business planning and
- Strong people leader with proven ability to develop talent and create succession opportunities
- Demonstrates high level of executive presence
- Proven ability to manage the development and implementation of multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong business-to-business marketing experience in professional markets
- Strong marketing program execution capabilities within a highly-matrixed organization
- Proven experience collaboratively working with cross-functional colleagues.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, especially to executive leadership. Ability to lead presentations and educate key stakeholders on strategic vision
- Proven ability to build credibility and influence quickly with leadership to effectively drive results
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent financial and business acumen
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America