Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Identify key issues in editorial materials and the relationships among and between editorial materials as required.
- Direct the integration of legal content into repository.
- May create information that provides additional context to editorial materials such as identifying and adding research references.
- Summarize basic content types, as required.
- Allocate information in the form of an existing scheme or taxonomy, as required.
- Adhere to editorial publishing schedules and quality standards.
- Verify own work for accuracy and completeness, and ensure that the information is properly presented and organized.
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested/required. Effectively work across teams to accomplish objectives.
- Develop understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each collaborator/team member and how each role impacts production.
- Maintains relationships with content providers and stakeholders as required, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyses possible solutions using standard procedures and implements as directed.
Education and Experience
- Paralegal certificate required.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- Strong ability to analyze editorial materials.
- Developing knowledge of U.S. legal system and terminology.
- Sound editorial judgment and attention to detail.
- Developing knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to the employee's responsibilities.
- Developing understanding of editorial production process and requirements.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills including sound writing skills, as required.
- Strong technical skills including proficiency on company specific systems necessary to perform job functions.
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative or team environment.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all contacts, both internally and externally.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Universal City-Texas-United States of America