The Financial & Risk business unit is the home for Thomson Reuters electronic trading capabilities. The goal of the division is to be the number one choice of trading venue for any participant operating in the financial markets.
You will join a dynamic and high performing team of outstanding technologists executing on a Big Data initiative that is set to revolutionize our operation both internally and for our customers.
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and executing a robust set of automated tests covering some exciting functionality across multiple technologies. You will be working within an agile delivery team on a dynamic project with demanding deadlines. This is an opportunity to build skills relevant to automated Quality Assurance with a focus on Big Data technologies. An analytical approach to problem solving and good interpersonal skills are essential.
• Produce, execute and maintain a robust set of automated tests to challenging deadlines
• Work closely with development and product owners and contribute to the delivery of high quality software.
• Apply and contribute to evolving robust agile approach to QA
• Conduct testing using company specific automated processes.
• Provide estimates for work to be undertaken.
• Analysis and reporting of test results to management.
• Report and track defects through to completion.
• Assist in the management, maintenance and monitoring of test environments.
We work in an agile manner following scrum methodology incorporating the following teams:
• Product management.
• Development teams.
• Other QA teams.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Experienced Programmer and/or Auto Tester, with excellent technical skills
• C#/Java/Scala or other similar programming language.
• Experience of using test automation tools
• Self-starter - does what it takes to get the job done
• Experienced, able and keen to work using agile delivery methodologies
• Experienced in a formal software development lifecycle
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written
• Knowledge of financial markets.
• Quality Assurance of Big Data technologies.
Academic Background :
• Degree in computer science or demonstrable relevant experience.
• Foundation Certificate (or equivalent) in Software Testing. (ISTQB)
• Test Practitioner (or equivalent) qualification.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.