- Lead and mentor the Quality Assurance team
- Standardize process and reporting for all testing
- Leverage automated testing to expand QA team abilities and impact
- Manage the planning, estimation and execution of application testing efforts, including QA resources to meet product delivery dates
- Continuously improve the documentation and development team education of proper and thorough testing techniques and tools
- Ensure testing plans cover all aspects of product features and are kept current
- Ensure efficient and flexible testing approach to successfully handle a high volume and diversity of product releases presented for testing with a focus on continuously improving outcomes
- Track and report team testing activities including test plans, test case coverage/results, defects discovered, and evaluation of the criticality of defects and acceptable workarounds
- Anticipate potential release problems and take successful, corrective action
- Excellent communication and consensus building
- 5+ years of experience as an individual Quality Assurance Engineer and as a Quality Assurance Manager with off-shore/distributed team
- Experience in QA automation and Agile processes
- Experience using and implementing test management software and automated testing frameworks
- Broad technical knowledge related to Quality & Risk, including programming languages (C#), operating systems, Databases
- Proven track record of building and continuously improving Quality Assurance teams
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with previous experience managing a team of at least 10 staff.
- Previous experience planning for and scheduling test coverage.
- Experience with all phases of software life-cycle testing, including test planning, functional testing, automation testing and regression testing
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to liaise effectively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Passionate about quality and the importance of QA within the development process.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, responsible and versatile.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.