Facilitate the implementation of plans to proactively acquire information for product initiatives and future ventures by:
- Creating and maintaining relationships needed to access information in a timely manner.
- Managing the acquisition of material from government and non-traditional providers.
- Utilizing new technology to implement efficient, long-term acquisition solutions.
- Executes the acquisition strategy for core and high-value content.
- Determines or assists in determining acquisition priorities, timelines, and methods within budget.
- Communicates and negotiates with content sources regarding a wide range of data issues, including: securing website rights and access, troubleshooting errant data or technical anomalies, communicating company's policies, and making tactful inquiries to resolve issues.
- Drives data acquisition efforts to support company initiatives/major projects/core revenue streams by:
- Establishing and leveraging acquisition relationships with state and federal governments as well as non-traditional data providers.
- Identifying content sources, recommending acquisition options and estimating costs.
- Managing independent contractors and coordinating with vendors.
- Works with numerous groups across the organization, including: Product Development, Case Law, Third Party Content, Codes Content, Marketing and Sales.
- Negotiates costs and arrangements to receive data from individual sources.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- BA degree with 2-3 years of progressive experience in publishing or government.
- Experience developing and fostering relationships with internal and external partners.
- J.D. preferred.
- Experience negotiating agreements with outside parties.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to discuss and present complex information.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to deadline pressures.
- Knowledge of government entities and general business knowledge.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America