Job Title: Lead Software Engineer (New York, NY)
1. Work with product management & senior members of development teams to ensure software meets new business requirements;
2. Design & implement FX Trading Platform which includes FX Trading GUI, Market Data Engine, Smart Order Router & Aggregation FIX Gateways;
3. Work with team members on overall architecture to improve availability & resiliency of system;
4. Analyze production problems & provide troubleshooting & support;
5. Develop complete regression & unit test cases to ensure components are tested rigorously in an automated fashion;
6. Collaborate with QA teams to define & implement rigorous performance, stability & scalability testing;
7. Collaborate with App Support teams to ensure platform is supportable & operates robustly & define & aid with deployments.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related technical field plus 5 years’ experience in software engineering. Experience must include:
1) 5 years' experience designing and implementing trading engines in FX, equity markets, or fixed income;
2) 5 years' experience with concurrent, distributed programming in Java, & working in an ECN or Credit Engine or similar type of trading system;
3) 5 years' experience with system analysis & design in multi-threaded applications;
4) 5 years' experience with high-throughput, low-latency trading systems;
5) 5 years' experience with FIX, veriFlX, Exchange/venue connectivity, Database, JMS/messaging Infrastructure, & automated testing.
6) 5 years' experience with Core Java Programming;
7) 3 years' experience with Network programming — TCP, UDP, sockets, & multicast;
8) 3 years' experience with C++ programming & interfacing with Java through JNI.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
Employer: Thomson Reuters (Markets) LLC
Job Site: 3 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.