VP, General Manager Tax & Trade Segment
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We’re looking for a strategic and innovative customer segment leader to provide P&L ownership and drive the strategy and value proposition roadmap for the Knowledge Solutions Tax and Trade business for professional firms. As a customer segment leader, you’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify market opportunities and define and deliver innovative offerings that are tailored to the needs of this market segment.
- Must be a results oriented P&L owner with experience and demonstrated success working in a subscription-based revenue model with diverse customer sets ranging from very large customers to thousands of small customers.
- Must be a change agent with leadership skill to accelerate the transformation of the business and able to lead multiple large projects concurrently. A fact and data led executive constantly evaluating market dynamics and responding quickly whilst building a longer-term strategy for success.
- Commercially savvy and can develop business plans, manage product positioning and lifecycles in the marketplace.
- Able to identify and appraise commercial opportunities – identify key issues, opportunities, and threats that pivots the product strategy; translates corporate direction and strategic focus into product portfolio decisions; including establishing pricing strategies.
- Accountable for executing on the strategy and determining how to allocate and prioritize time and resources for new opportunities and commercial programs.
- Responsibility to grow the Tax and Trade for professionals business in accounting firms, corporations, law firms, government, educational institutions and other types of organizations.
- Regularly interacts with executives and major customers. Interactions frequently require negotiating with customers to create a win-win deal or internal management to influence product roadmap prioritization based on market needs.
- Success will be measured by delivery of annual contract value and revenue plans and other business performance goals.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills with bias towards decision making and action in a subscription-based revenue model.
- A quick learner who exhibits a passion for creating customer value and customer retention– understands target customers, their needs, wants, and aims, and aligns business processes, products, and services to satisfy customers and build customer relationships
- Understands and effectively plans all go-to-market activities that are necessary to achieve client adoption or retention goals, including customer on-boarding, support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development
- Motivated by challenge, willing to wear multiple hats, mental toughness and resilience
- Executive presence, change oriented and experience driving transformational initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in owning P&L in a subscription-based revenue model with diverse customer sets
- Experience driving strategic focus and growing top line revenue
- Must have experience identifying and evaluating commercial opportunities and translate corporate direction into product portfolio decisions
- Experience influencing internal and external audiences, including cross-functional teams to drive results
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
- Experience in Tax and Trade Industry a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience in communicating strategic initiatives to senior executives
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in a large enterprise organization
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America