- Ability to understand and synthesize client’s specific expert need and requirements, implement effective expert recruiting and research skills using Case Management database, ability to identify and research outside expert database resources, and use established best practices and methodologies in the process while constantly looking for opportunities to improve the process
- Takes ownership of each assigned search and proactively manages all facets of the search and retention, including timely follow up with clients, experts and colleagues
- Effectively uses the Case Management system to update search status and communicate updates to internal colleagues
- Great communicator with clients and colleagues – timely responds to all communications, including requests for assistance and requests for information
- Builds deeper relationships with clients to generate repeat and referral business, including post-retention follow up to request new business and/or referral business
- Strong conversion rates with high search volume per established metrics
- Team player - dedicated to success of the Area team and TREWS and supportive of Sales team initiatives
- Collaborates with sales team assigned to the Area to grow TREWS business and increase revenue opportunities
- Creative and flexible while following established procedures and protocols, including identified Best Practices
- Personally accountable with excellent work ethic and organizational skills - works well and effectively in a virtual environment
- Negotiate contract terms with selected expert candidates.
- Submit expert witness candidates to clients, offer and participate in interviews with the expert and the client, adjust expert requirements as needed, and ultimately seek retention of expert candidates.
- Perform contract negotiation with end client, including expert rates and retainers, as well as other contractual terms, and TREWS fees.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Prior account management experience with client-facing experience
- Law degree preferred; prior TREWS experience or litigation experience a plus
- General business and legal industry knowledge
- 3+ years of client, customer service or account management experience in a business environment
- Minimum of 2 years of litigation experience preferred
- 1-2 years of experience consulting with or providing support to law firms or attorneys
- Understanding of how expert witnesses are utilized for litigation, including a general understanding of civil litigation practice and retention of experts as part of the litigation process
- Knowledge of and ability to implement operational processes and procedures
- Proficiency in Westlaw and other legal data bases preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong business acumen skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to communicate with customers via telephone and email
- Technical skills required: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, internet navigation/research, Zoominfo and similar data base search engines
- Attention to detail
- Experience with developing customer relationships that generate repeat customer opportunities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage process in accordance with establishes best practices
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America