The role is to develop and manage the preparation of assigned research reports according to scheduled timelines and within assigned budgets while maintaining client’s relationship. The key objective is to deliver Islamic finance knowledge solutions to clients of the Islamic finance business unit. The senior research analyst will be required to independently conduct research and work with the broader Islamic finance team, and take the lead on maintaining client relationships and various stakeholders in the Islamic finance industry.
- Complete research studies and prepare client deliverable up to the required quality and within the designated budget and time frame as directed by the Research Manager.
- Actively participate and engage in the writing research reports projects from concept to final delivery on time
- Actively manage and engage in the preparation of assigned internal and external research projects from planning stage to impact delivery
- Engage with the project manager to deliver the required quality, analysis, language on a timely matter and is up to the standard
- Works closely with project team members (Research Analysts, Editors, Designers and Research Managers) to complete research projects that will meet clients' needs
- Support the development of marketing collateral, report presentations, press releases and other marketing content related to research projects.
- Responsible for the client management and engagement, keep the client informed and ensure that the project is delivered in a timely manner, and clients are satisfied;
- Manage, prepare and monitor the IFG Daily and Weekly Briefings in timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for conducting timely and accurate research and other contributions for research projects.
- Develop strong relationships with other internal departments to ensure all areas are working together and supporting one another towards project delivery.
- With manager, discuss performance, issues and opportunities for growth and for building better working relationships.
Education, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- A Bachelors Degree holder in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Accounting or Business from a reputable university
- Strong background in Islamic finance demonstrated by a degree, certificate or diploma or through at least three years of related work experience is preferable.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in an analyst conducting, writing research reports or in advisory capacity in major consulting firms, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Work experience in the Islamic finance industry is preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and external clients.
- Good critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated quantitative abilities.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conveys professional attitude at all times.
- Writing and developing Arabic content is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.