Job posting end date: 11th May 2018
Position Title: CFO, Legal UKI and Tax & Accounting EMEA/APAC
Location: 5 Canada Square, London
Requisition No: JREQ100284
Reporting to the CFO, Legal, (and indirectly to CFO, Tax & Accounting) the CFO leads the finance functions for the Legal UKI and Tax & Accounting EMEA/APAC businesses. The Legal UKI and TRTA EMEA/APAC finance team consists of ~35 people.
Legal UKI is a >$300m, revenue growth >4% business with workforce of ~1,000 which provides Legal information (print and online) and software solutions to the UK, Ireland and International markets. TRTA EMEA/APAC provides Tax & Accounting information and software solutions is comprised of three business, Digita, Corporate Europe and TRTA EMEA/APAC with combined revenues of >$85m, revenue growth >8% and workforce of ~300.
The CFO will act as the business partner to the Managing Director, Legal UKI and her leadership team and lead the finance teams supporting the Managing Directors of Digita, Corporate Europe and TRTA EMEA/APAC. Having a deep understanding of all aspects of the business, this role will support the leadership teams in the formulation, communication and execution of strategic plans to deliver strong financial performance, while ensuring appropriate governance and risk management are in place. The CFO will bring strategic and financial insights to operational decision making. As a forward-thinking leader, focuses on both the internal and external, financial and non-financial elements of the businesses.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Leads all decision support and commercial finance activities for the businesses working closely with the business leads. This will include deal commercials, setting sales targets, sales incentive scheme planning (in partnership with Sales), acquisitions & disposals, production of business cases, function (e.g. Sales) effectiveness and productivity analysis, efficiency/transformation planning & execution, programme support, product migrations and obsolescences & other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Work with relevant business partners to build long term business models, forecasting, the annual budget & plan process, and other monthly and quarterly reporting presentations.
- Work closely with the MDs and their teams on Legal and Tax & Accounting and specific function strategies and delivery of business objectives, influencing and challenging to maximize their businesses’ performance.
- Delivers Sales & Revenue reporting and forecasting for each of the businesses within the portfolio. This will include sales & revenue reporting and forecasting, pipeline forecasting and analysis, sales to revenue reconciliations and definition (the In-The-Bag process), reporting & analysis of sales metrics and other KPIs as required.
- Provides analysis and leadership to ensure that we use our resources, capital and commercial leavers (e.g. pricing) to our best advantage to drive revenue and profit working where necessary with the relevant Segment/Product/Technology/Commercial Policy teams on the development and implementation of new propositions, new commercial standards and pricing strategies.
- Responsible for all Cost & Headcount / Resource reporting, forecasting & commentary analysis for the businesses and for finding ways to reduce the costs of the organisation working closely with the relevant business leads, HR Business partner(s), Enterprise Technology, Segment and other central finance teams as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting policies and other corporate policies & internal controls
- Develop and maintain a high performing finance team, establishing standards for performance and giving appropriate direction to ensure the business has the analytics and information needed to understand the past, manage the present and predict the future. Develop the finance team to ensure growth in the capabilities of the finance function and to support succession plans across the wider finance department. Support the ongoing transformation of finance activities and related systems.
- Participate in seeting the overall strategy and culture of the business as a senior leader within the organisation and as a senior member of the finance community
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Expert at financial-analysis and modelling
- Experience developing and modelling business cases
- Strong communication and interaction experience between corporate centre/functions and business units is a key dimension (e.g. Financial Planning & Analysis teams, Global Segments (TRTA), central Product & Technology Functions)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MBA, CPA preferred
- Experience with running a business
- Strong operational expertise
- M&A experience
- Industry background a plus
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective team management
- Negotiation / Influencing skills
- Organizational savvy
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting
- Extensive experience gained in a Finance role with a demonstrable proportion of this experience gained within in a Finance leadership position
- Extensive experience in running and transforming a finance department in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to interact with senior management and influence outcomes
- Experience working for a subscription-based business
- Worked for both growth and mature businesses
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.