- Content acquisitions: A broker relations manager should be able to acquire new contents (research & estimates) from brokers and IRPs (Independent Research Providers) who have never contributed any contents to Thomson Reuters with that regard, by identifying these providers who can provide proprietary the said contents, approaching them via e-mail or phone calls, explaining to them about the benefits of content contribution as well as its mechanism and ultimately getting them to agreed to content contribution to Thomson Reuters.
- Relationship Management with Existing Contributors: Once the relationship with the contributor is established, a broker relations manager is required to maintain or even enhance it with his/her abilities to interact with contributors by providing knowledge to contribution mechanism, solving any related issues and introducing other departments of Thomson Reuters upon contributor’s request just to name a few. Communication skills are a prerequisite.
- Commercial Support: Broker Relations Manager is recommended to provide commercial support where appropriate. For example, if an account manager needs introduction to Head of Research of a local broker that happens to be his/her account, the broker relations manager should be able to facilitate such request by directly contacting the HOR. Or if the same HOR asks for a TR products that can offer a dataset the HOR needs, a broker relations manager passes such a lead to the account manager.
- Content Product Knowledge: Broker Relations Manager is required to know where contributed contents appear in our products how these contents are displayed. The broker relations manager is also required to discuss how such displays can optimize contributors contents not only for the benefit of contributors but also for the TR product users.
Skills & Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and/or 3-5 years of financial industry experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of regulatory environments in Mainland China as well as Asia is a plus.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented. The position requires a proactive person who can work under pressure with remote management and supervision.
- Experience in customer relationship management is a plus
- Background on Sell-Side Research is preferred. Good understanding of Equity Research operations/workflows & analyst activities is good to have.
- Solid analytical skills to resolve complex issues and derive creative solutions to exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrates sense of urgency, energy, drive and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain wide internal and external relationship network
- Must be personable and able to deal with all levels within an organization.
- Detail oriented.
- Above average organizational, and problem-solving skills
Primary markets that this role will look after include: Mainland China, Taiwan and HK (local offices of Mainland Brokers only)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.