Energy Practice Group is a customer-facing business development role, servicing some of the largest and most strategic customers of Thomson Reuters, with a focus on the Energy sector.
This role is part of Thomson Reuters Industry Practice Group (IPG) Program and provides global support, financial and business analysis to the Global Business Directors (GBDs) in a highly complex environment. The mission of this position is to drive revenue and relationship growth by supporting the strategy and execution of the GBD and global account teams to maximize Thomson Reuters impact and value to the customer while growing revenue. The GBC acts as both a business and strategy manager, responsible for the collection, analysis, and presentation of global account metrics, account review, and account enhancements. As a relationship manager, each GBC articulates and distributes communications on account-specific tactical and strategic initiatives, high-level and long-term strategy, and the constant improvement of the customer experience.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support the GBDs to grow and retain revenue, and actively grow the enterprise pipeline
- Approximately 80% of time is spent on client related activities and engagements – including development of global account strategy, tracking of sales pipeline and renewals, preparation for client engagements, development of thought leadership, and in-person customer meetings and events
- Attend approximately 20% of GBD’s client meetings
- Provide customers and TR senior leadership with an enterprise view of customers and solutions that resonate with customers, across all BUs; be responsible for promoting collaboration across regions and BUs, helping escalate and resolve issues and elevating relationships.
- Provide insight, analysis and support to the GBD in commercial, strategic partnership conversations with key accounts in the form of proposal support for new opportunities, analysis and planning for renewals, strategy and thought leadership sessions
- Act as global point of contact on behalf of the GBD with the virtual team across Thomson Reuters in the form of global team meetings and calls, communications and in support of the global strategy for the customers
- Actively develop best practices for global enterprise account management for Corporates (i.e. Shell, BP, Exxon Mobil etc.).
- Bring the voice of the customer back into TR by assisting the GBD in feeding back key concerns of our customers to TR senior leadership to help TR adapt to our customer needs, applying our learning to other energy customers
- Develop strategy and provide support for account contract creation and negotiation
- Conduct business and strategy analysis, financial analysis and budget forecasting of data provided by the Operations team
- Own and lead the account planning process with the GBDs
- Research and profile customer organizational structures and areas of focus for C-suite engagement
- Serve as core knowledge resource to the GBD, virtual team, peers and EPG team members
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Business and industry knowledge
- Prior experience in a strategy or business operating role within a top tier company
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively & strategically on complex business issues of significant impact within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholder groups and cross functional teams under time pressures and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams
- Project management skills
- Effective decision making ability
- Effective partnering and inter-personal skills to interface with customers, key stakeholders, executives, subject matter experts across client
- Strong understanding of MS office products: Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
- Requires steep learning curve, strong entrepreneurship as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (or Bachelor's degree in related field plus five-years’ experience)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.