We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Consultant to join a segment of the business that implements name screening and transaction monitoring software, behind the client firewall, that enables the global financial community to fulfill regulations designed to combat financial crime.
This is a blended role requiring technical and consulting (soft skills) in equal parts.
The Risk business has been experiencing significant growth in the region and is well established. Accordingly, we are currently expanding our Professional Services team to meet the needs of our clients. This is a team that:
- Delivers with integrity and in a collaborative way so as to build trust at all levels of engagement
- Is customer obsessed
- Aspires to gain the respect of clients and peers, and in turn attract the best talent
- Conducts business in a pro-active, conscientious, transparent and professional manner
- Is committed to deliver excellent service
- Always looks to empower others and nurture an environment of learning
- Continually challenges itself to do things, better, faster and in a way that does not reduce quality, whilst generating profits for the firm.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Professional Services, your key duties will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Liaises directly with clients to identify and document high-level business and technical requirements
- Provides recommendations on implementation options and system design
- Leads, plans and agrees implementation timelines with the client, including creation and communication of the project plan
- Completes all required deliverables of the project, including software installation, configuration, customisation, testing, end user training and go-live assistance
- Investigates and resolves all issues raised during or post implementation / upgrade of a client
- Assists in covering 3rd line technical support queries
- Collaboratively works within the global Professional Services team in a culture of continued improvement, knowledge sharing and ongoing success
- Executes on multiple customer implementation projects in parallel
- Updates planning and time tracking systems to provide visibility to line management
- Provides support to sales for pre-sales client demonstrations
Qualifications / Experience
- Robust technical experience backed up with deep understanding of:
- Deployment and support of business applications in a Client-Server, relational database, LAN-based environment.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of
- Microsoft Windows 2008 server and higher
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher
- ODBC, JDBC and SFTP
- Windows batch scripting
- Advanced skills in writing/modifying SQL queries, views and stored procedures
- Excellent, well-developed interpersonal, client-facing skills; written and oral
- Fluent verbal/written English skills
- Experience of providing client training and presentations
- A strong track record of technical implementations, including:
- Creating project plans, and working with project planning tools
- Managing client and internal team expectations, across multiple engagements in parallel
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously
- Ensuring on-time delivery, with appropriate escalations where necessary
- Demonstrable advanced technical problem solving skills of complex issues, and follow-through actions including documenting and sharing solutions
- Evidence of collaborative working within a globally distributed Professional Services or technical implementations team
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 20%)
- Technical implementation experience within a regulated or financial services sector
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working with Financial Institutions in the KYC space and broad understanding of financial crime, AML and / or Transaction Monitoring
- Experience of financial systems and techniques in corporate and retail banking
- Technical competency with Web services, API, JSON/XML
- Experience in system modelling; for example clustered databases and hub / satellite implementations of systems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Sydney-New South Wales-Australia