The Sales and Client Management Trainer, Training, Education and Development is responsible for providing learner-centered development programs designed to teach sales and client management personnel the skills needed to perform on the job. The training is designed and delivered with the specific intent of increasing job capabilities and sales performance. This position requires the incumbent to design and implement training initiatives, strategies and objectives into a common organizational framework (ADDIE). It also requires staying current in effective training techniques and being involved with special projects, and project teams, as appropriate.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsible for efficiently developing curricula for sales and client management professionals
- Conducts needs analysis to determine training needs and delivery methods
- Partners with sales/client management and other internal stakeholders to deliver needs-based training
- Determines appropriate instructional procedures/methods and develops corresponding curricula and reference guides
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing training, evaluates projected new curricula and programs to determine overall effectiveness
- Develops effective communication vehicles to ensure training programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by the students and other stakeholders
- Designs and delivers presentation and training as needed
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide continuous follow-up with clients and ongoing evaluation of training programs
- Create, design, and develop a wide variety of learning materials such as facilitator guides, online training, self-study guides, case studies, demonstrations, and simulations
- Migrate instructor-led training to online asynchronous learning where appropriate
- Completes all projects in an efficient manner, always evaluating the value of the project to the business to determine the appropriate time and resources to devote to the project
- Consult with internal stakeholders on ways to leverage training with respect to their business plans and goals
- Effectively incorporate adult learning principles into all components of curriculum, with a particular emphasis on accelerated learning design and development
- Analyze needs and propose solutions by gathering formation about client needs, diagnose learning issues
- Apply business acumen to build and document the business case for investing in learning and development programs
- Plan and implement projects by developing action plans, obtaining resources, and completing assignments in a timely manner to ensure learning goals are achieved
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or BS required
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters products is preferred
- An instructional design certification or coursework is preferred
- 5+ years progressive experience in training and development is preferred
- 2+ years sales experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and leadership experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to produce large quantities of work within short timeframes when necessary
- Must be able to originate a creative and innovative approach to sales and account management’s training needs.
- Must have excellent communication/presentation skills along with demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills.
- High level of energy and confidence with ability to stimulate and motivate attendees.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Extensive experience with scope, design, development, execution and assessment of learning content in business environments, preferably in sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written communication skills. Proven business writing skills and use of vocabulary, grammar and letter structure
- Strong listening skills. Seeks clarification and complete understanding of an issue prior to action
- Builds on-going business relationships within and outside of Education, Training & Development
- Utilizes discretionary decision making to effectively achieve outcomes beneficial to all departments and to all parties trained
- Identifies and finds solutions to potential training problems which may be systemic to the organization
- Open, honest, professional. Displays confidence and courage in difficult and diverse situations
- Detail oriented, self motivated and able to work independently
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America